Can I claim my period pain relief device through my Health Insurance Provider?
Updated by Customer Care team
Short answer: Yes!
Long answer: It depends on your level of cover! You may be eligible to claim any Ovira purchase through your Health Insurance provider. That’s right — period pain relief, paid by the government. You can say a big thank you to your responsible self for having health insurance.
Claiming your device on Private Health Insurance
As a TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) machine, our device is considered a class 2a medical device. Medical devices in Australia, New Zealand, US and Canada can fall under different umbrellas in health insurance including, but not limited to:
- Health Aids and Appliances Cover
- General Treatment Cover (also known as Ancillary or Extras cover)
5 easy steps to claiming your device on Health Insurance
- Contact your Health Insurance provider to confirm your level of cover, how much you can claim and whether or not they accept Ovira as a brand.
- If your Insurer asks for more information about Ovira, contact our world-class customer service team at email@example.com to receive a blank tax invoice. You can then pass this on to your Insurer to check whether this is sufficient under your policy.
- Once your Insurer has given you the green light, it’s time for your life to change. Add a device to your cart and proceed to check out.
- You’ll receive a tax invoice after you’ve purchased a device that you can then pass on to your Health Insurance provider. You may also be required to provide a note from your doctor, but chat to your Insurer to confirm this.
- Pat yourself on the back and enjoy sweet relief.
Health Insurance Providers
AU / NZ customers
Your insurer may ask for our provider number. If you’re covered by Bupa, we have a specific provider number that we can include in your tax invoice. Our provider number is EP00641.
Your insurer may ask for our provider number. If you’re covered by HBF, we have a specific provider number that we can include in your tax invoice. Our provider number is B32217.
If you’re with Medibank, NIB, HCF, AHM or any other Australian Health Insurer outside of Bupa and HBF, we don’t have a specific provider number. However, depending on your level of cover, you may still be eligible to claim your device on your Health Insurance. We recommend you follow our easy steps above and chat to your provider about your level of cover.
US / CA customers
Please get in touch with us if you have any further questions, or if we can help out at all with your claim.